Commodity Exchange "Ukrainian Energy Exchange" is a centralized trading platform for the purchase and sale of electricity under bilateral contracts.
According to the results of the competitive selection of organizers of electronic auctions for the sale of electric power under bilateral contracts, CE "Ukrainian Energy Exchange" has been granted the priority right to organize and conduct auctions.
Auctions for the sale of electric power at the CE "Ukrainian Energy Exchange" are held to implement the decisions of the Government:
- Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine "On Approval of the Procedure for Electronic Auctions for the Sale of Electric Power under Bilateral Contracts and the Procedure for Selection of Organizers of Electronic Auctions for the Sale of Electric Power under Bilateral Contracts",
- Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine "On amendments to the Regulation on special duties assignment to the participants of the electric power market to ensure public interests in the process of electric power market functioning".
Trading operations on the purchase and sale of electric power at the CE "Ukrainian Energy Exchange" in specialized sections are carried out in the directions:
Auctions including for the execution of p. 6 prt. 2 Article 66 of the Law of Ukraine "On the Electricity Market"
Sellers at such auctions are:
- Electric power producers - state enterprises, as well as economic societies, in the authorized capital of which the state’s share is 50 percent or more, economic societies, in the authorized capital of which 50 percent or more of shares (stakes) belong to other economic societies, in which the state is a shareholder and owns a controlling interest, as well as subsidiaries, representative offices and branches of such enterprises and societies and other participants of the Electric Power Market, except for the transmission system operator and distribution system operators who intend to sell electricity under auction terms;
- Other sellers - participants of the electricity market participating in auctions on a voluntary basis.
Auctions for the execution of Article 62 of the Law of Ukraine "On the Electricity Market"
Auctions are held to fulfill the requirements of Article 62 of the Law of Ukraine "On the Electricity Market" in order to meet the special obligations of electricity market participants to ensure public interests in the process of functioning of the Electricity Market.
Sellers at such auctions are:
- Electricity producers with relevant responsibilities (SE NAEK Energoatom and PJSC Ukrhidroenergo).
Buyers at such auctions are:
- A guaranteed buyer.
Electronic auctions in the form of one-way auctions are held in the "Electric Power" version of the Software Product Electronic Exchange Trading System (BETS).
Marginal price for electric power according to the BASE sales schedule (execution during 24 hours a day) in the transition period applies exclusively to electric power producers at nuclear power plants.
Parties to a bilateral contract in accordance with Chapter 2.2. Section II of the Market Rules shall inform about the contractual volumes of electric power sale and purchase under the concluded contract without assistance. Such notification shall be the basis for entering the specified volumes into daily schedules of electric power of the respective market participants in accordance with the market rules.
Dear participants of the electric power market,
we would like to draw your attention to the main changes in the organization and conduct of electronic auctions for the sale of electric power under bilateral contracts:
The editors of the "Rules of the organization and conduct of the auction sales of electric energy on the Commodity Exchange "Ukrainian Energy Exchange" subject to change
Documents approved by the decisions of the Auction Committee for the sale of electric power under bilateral agreements:
- Exemplary contract of electric power sale and purchase on the bilateral contracts market
- Exemplary contract of electric power sale and purchase with the Guaranteed Buyer for the ensuring public interest
- Schedule of electric power sale and purchase auctions for 2019
The procedure of sellers’ access to the auction as defined in Section 5 Regulations on the organization and conduct of an electronic auction for the sale of electric power at the Commodity Exchange "Ukrainian Energy Exchange".
According to the decision of the Auction Organizer (Protocol Decision № 557 dd. 27.06.2019), the participant of the auction-seller who is not a state or municipal entity and/or who is not subject to the requirements of paragraph 6 of Part two of Article 66 of the Law of Ukraine "On Electricity Market" and/or "Regulation on Putting Special Obligations of Electricity Market Participants to Ensure Public Interest in the Process of Electricity Market Functioning", approved by the Resolution № 483, in accordance with the procedure and within the terms defined by the "Regulation on Organization and Holding of the Electronic Auction for the Sale of Electric Power at the Commodity Exchange "Ukrainian Energy Exchange", transfers to the Auction Organizer a guarantee fee in the amount of 2 (two) percent of the value of the electric power volume at the starting price determined by it in the application for organization and holding the auction.
List of QPETS for obtaining a qualified signature (QES):
- Qualified provider of ETS Information and Reference Department of the State Tax Service
- QPETS “DIYA”
- QPETS “MASTERKEY”
- QUALIFIED PROVIDER OF ELECTRONIC TRUST SERVICES "QPETS ELECTRICITY MARKET"
- QPETS “DEPOSIT SIGN”
Additional information can be obtained by phone +38 (044) 35-35-735 or send an application letter in free form by e-mail: email@example.com.
E-mail and contacts of the PP BETS Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org, +38 (044) 35-35-735 (PBX).