Coal is a combustible material, the main component of which is carbon. Coal can be natural and artificial. The first include: peat, lignite, bituminous coal, anthracite; second: coke, retort carbon, charcoal, briquettes.
Retort carbon, the residue of coal in obtaining illuminating gas; heavy, dense, pure, steel color, goes on galvanic batteries. Charcoal obtained by burning in heaps by incomplete combustion of wood or by dry distillation of wood, which is heating it without air. Charcoal is used for metallurgy industry (iron melting), forges (iron work) for iron welding. The ability of charcoal to absorb gases and many liquids can be used as a means to cleanse fluids from fusel oil or coloring matters.
Anthracite — fossil coal. Belongs to the Carboniferous rocks, contains 90-94% ofb carbon. Color from velvet to iron-black with a high glass gloss or semi-metallic; firmer than brown and ordinary bituminous coals. Good combustible, but burns only with a strong thrust of air without flame (or very weak); no smell and smoke.
Bituminous coal — a solid fossil fuel of vegetable origin, a kind of fossil coals with higher carbon content and greater density than that of brown coal. Is a dense black rock, sometimes grayish-black color with a shiny semi-matte or matte surface. Contains 75-97% or more of carbon; 1.5 to 5.7% of hydrogen; 1.5 to 15% oxygen; 0.5 to 4% sulfur; up to 1.5% nitrogen; 2-45% of volatile matter; the amount of moisture varies from 4 to 14%; ash is usually between 2-4% to 45%. Gross calorific value, in terms of dry ash-free condition not less than 30,5-to 36.8 MJ/kg.
Bituminous coal formed from the products of decomposition of organic residues of higher plants that have undergone changes (metamorphism) in the conditions of a pressure of the surrounding rocks of the earth’s crust and relatively high temperature. With increase in the degree of metamorphism in the combustible mass of coal has consistently increased the carbon content and simultaneously decreases the amount of oxygen, hydrogen, volatile substances; also change the heat of combustion, the ability sintered and other properties.
Adopted industrial classification of coal by different qualities, as determined by the results of thermal decomposition of coal (volatile matter, characteristics of non-volatile residue) is: long-flame (Д), gas (Г), gas-fat (ГЖ), fat (Ж), coking-fat (КЖ), coke (К), lean-caking (ОС), lean (Т), low-caking (CC), semi-anthracite (ПА) and anthracite (A). Sometimes anthracites are allocated in a separate group. K are used mainly for coking and Г, Ж, К & ОС, in part Д, and Т as we move from Д to T-A is a reduction of moisture in fuel from 14% in К to Д to 4.5-5.0% in grades T-A; a reduction in the content (in the combustible mass) of oxygen from 15% to 1.5%; hydrogen — from 5.7% to 1.5%; the content of sulfur, nitrogen and ash does not depend on belonging to a particular rank. The heat of combustion of the combustible mass of coal sequentially increases from 32.4 MJ/kg (7750 kcal/kg) grade Д to 36.2-36.6 in MJ/kg (8650-8750 kcal/kg) in K and decreases to 35.4-33,5 MJ/kg (8450-8000 kcal/kg) in grades ПA and A.
The size obtained in the extraction of pieces from К classified by: plate (П) is more than 100 mm, large (К) — 50-100 mm, nut (О) — 26-50 mm, small (M) — 13-25 mm, seed (С) is 6-13 mm, coal dust (Ш) is less than 6 mm, unscreened (P) is not limited by size. Belonging to the brand and size of the pieces of bituminous coal is indicated by the letter combinations — ДК etc.
You need to be accredited at the Exchange and follow further instructions.
You, as the Seller, in case you are the author of a position for sale, get the guarantees of signing the contract, after trading by winner, because Buyers before trading deposit a security deposit to the Exchange account for the amount of which they will be fined if they do not sign a purchase/sale contract.
You as a Buyer, in case you are the author of a position for purchase, get the guarantees of signing the contract, after trading by a Seller, because Sellers before trading deposit a security deposit to the Exchange account for the amount of which they will be fined if they do not sign a purchase/sale contract. Also you can get the guarantees of the delivery of the goods in full, required quality and on time. For this purpose, the Exchange provides a mechanism in which the Seller does not receive payment for the goods until the goods are accepted. The Exchange approved qualification requirements for participants of exchange trades (suppliers of coal products) in the section "Coal products" and a mechanism for verifying the authenticity and quality of coal products is put up for exchange trades. In addition, the Exchange provides a mechanism for cancelling results of electronic exchange trading in the event of an agreement with a risk supplier.
- Exchange trading allows one to hold spot trading of coal products in the electronic trading system of the exchange, spending minimal effort on marketing from the comfort of your office.
- The adoption of the exchange trading of coal is, in fact, the change-over to European progressive methods of work, which will increase the company’s attractiveness for European investors. For large public companies purchase and sale of wholesale shipments of coal on the exchange will be another major step towards transparency and publicity on their European path. This greatly enhances the prestige of the company.
- Exchange trading gives one the opportunity to:
- Set a fair price for electricity, for the generation that uses coal, also to other products and services for the production and disclosure of which coal is needed.
- Mitigate sharp price volatility, establish fair prices, to bring the pricing mechanism to international practice, to form a competitive environment with transparent and non-discriminatory trade.
- Increase the turnover and profitability, allows to earn on price difference.
- Feel the market better and to create the optimal suggestions.
- Simplify the search for potential buyers and agreements (cost optimization).
- Registration of contracts on import and export of coal on the exchange.
- Exercise control over the settlements and the enforcement of obligations.